Best of the Web
11.12.10 Hit of the week
- New trend alert! More and more new moms are shunning traditional baby showers. But these celebrations don't have to be stuffy and old-fashioned. Check out our Baby Shower Guide 2010 for unique tips and ideas.
- Thanks to Facebook and Twitter, more moms-to-be and new moms are primping on the big D-day because birth has become a much more public event. From one-hit beauty wonders to this season's makeup and hair trends, check out our Beauty page for more suggestions.
- A strong article on the strictness of attachment parenting prompts one writer to ask: Has attachment parenting imprisoned mothers? Our Fit Pregnancy experts have been touting attachment parenting and its unexpected benefits for years now.
- Dr. Oz shares his expert guidelines for a newborn's first month of life. In a recent interview with the famous doctor, Oz shares how your own health during pregnancy can affect your baby's entire life in surprising ways.
- The Duggar family in Arkansas is adding another baby to the mix—another grandbaby, that is! If you're thinking about baby No. 2, check our Second Time Around page for more tips and info.
- Also adding to their family tree: Pop rocker Pink and ex-husband Carey Hart are expecting their first child. Check out which other celebrities are pregnant at the same time you are on our Star Moms page.
- A new Census report finds that the number of children living in their grandparents' home has increased since last year. Remember, grandparents' quirks are the stuff of which families are made.
- Living with grief: The poignant story of a young father carrying on with two toddlers after his wife's tragic death. Browse through our Fatherhood section for more stories on and for new dads.
- A new study suggests that infant formula can help prevent type I diabetes. For some new moms, formula is their only option for a number of reasons, so here's some tips on how to choose a safe one.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.