Best of the Web
04.10.09 Hits of the week
- Buffy's having a baby! Looks like acting couple Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr. are expecting their first baby. She's due in the fall. For a look at more celebrity moms-to-be, head over to our Star Moms section for interviews and a list of who else is on baby bump watch.
- We've heard about the discomforts of expecting a baby. Now check out eight things some women miss about being pregnant.
- We've heard of women having postpartum depression—but dads? Looks like it's more common than you would think. Fatherhood is hard—admit it! Check out our dad's survival guide to help you out.
- Fat babies could make leaner adults, a study reports. Our experts have also addressed the "chubby baby" question—a topic frequently on some parents' minds.
- Forget books—how one mom got her new-parent tips from her Facebook friends. In all seriousness, make sure to obtain information from qualified professionals—like our list of top experts on pregnancy and child care.
- The births of boys are more complicated, a new study says. Earlier this year, scientists found a clue on how to tell if you're having a boy: your weight.
- And in the ongoing breastfeeding debate, one nursing mom calls for a breast pump ban.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.