Best of the Web
06.17.11 Hits of the week
- A fellow mom site asks: What's your best Mommy MacGyver (MomGyver, if you will) moment? This Father's Day weekend, remember that it's a modern world now in which moms and dads can do anything the other can do.
- Tech alert: 5 ways to protect your iPad from your tot's hands. According to recent reports, parents are increasingly turning to smartphones and tablets to serve as high-tech babysitters.
- A new study reports that pregnant women show "an amazing lack of knowledge" about childbirth options. Browse through our It's Your Choice page for our guide to finding a happy fit.
- Actor Neil Patrick Harris shares a quirky side of parenthood: taking photos of your babies in funny costumes. Head over to our Shooting Stars page for expert tips on taking great photos of your main attraction.
- A woman shares her emotional experience of waiting 48 hours to hear the results of prenatal tests. Check out our in-depth look at the screening and diagnostic tests you might undergo as a mom-to-be, plus how some real couples dealt with the decisions.
- Actress Natalie Portman has a new man in her life—a baby boy born this week. Head over to our Star Moms page to see which other celebrities recently welcomed a new addition to their families.
- Federal officials announce new sunscreen rules in an effort to clarify terms such as "waterproof" and "sweatproof." Read through our Sun Safety page for tips on keeping your child safe this summer.
- A new study finds that the sleep position of an expectant mother is linked to her baby's stillbirth risk. Check out our experts' advice on how to protect against stillbirth.
- The news of expectant actress Tori Spelling's car accident reminds us to spread the word about always wearing your seat belt—especially when you're carrying precious cargo!
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.