Best of the Web
12.24.09 Hits of the week
- With the countdown to Christmas in full swing, here are some simple tips for surviving on the homefront this long weekend. Our Fit Pregnancy Holiday Guide also offers advice on minimizing stress, taking care of yourself and your baby, and of course, celebrating the holidays.
- Waiting to become a parent has its positives and negatives, as one Wisconsin mom found out. One of our writers admits that the less you anticipate from your kids—starting from conception—the more you'll enjoy their accomplishments.
- New survey finds 8 out of 10 moms admit to repeating old adages that their parents used on them when they were young. When your mom becomes grandma, you'll be surprised at how motherhood will change your own mother-daughter relationship.
- New study says taking baby aspirin while you're expecting is not harmful to infants. When it comes to what's OK and what's not during pregnancy, ask your doctor about the safety of any prescription medications you take regularly for a chronic condition.
- One writer asks: Are celebrities like Jenny McCarthy on autism and Brooke Shields on postpartum depression crossing the line when it comes to medical advice? Besides, celebrities don't just help keep motherhood en vogue—they also focus attention on causes important to families, such as efforts to end poverty, hunger and childhood disease.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor. Happy holidays to all of our readers!