Best of the Web
01.30.09 Hits of the week
- The View co-host Elizabeth Hasselbeck is expecting her third baby! The former Survivor contestant announced Thursday that her surprise baby is due in August. One of our Real Moms blogger takes a look at how to deal when you hear those words: "Surprise, you're pregnant!"
- An interesting look at an in-depth piece about why moms are mad at dads. Pregnancy and motherhood are full of ups and downs. Take a look at our guide on the moods you may experience before baby arrives.
- A new promotional campaign reminds women in their 20s and 30s that age is a risk factor for infertility. If you hear your biological clock ticking, some women can follow a fertility diet to help cut their risk.
- Designer Liz Lange offers tips on how to create the perfect maternity wardrobe. Our own fashion experts also encourage moms not to give up on their fashion identity, baby or not.
- A new study suggests breastfeeding may
protect infants from neglect or abuse. With benefits abound, we have compiled 200 reasons to breastfeed.
- When bringing home
baby No. 2, experts say to expect beautiful moments and others not-so-beautiful between siblings. We have seven ways to help your older children establish a positive relationship with the new baby.
- A new study finds epidurals used during labor are safer than once thought. Our Ask the Labor Nurse blogger gives readers
her lowdown on these pain-relieving spinal injections.
- Is it safe to use Botox during pregnancy? Australian doctors say no! Meanwhile, a growing number of women are getting a
"mom job" to erase the signs of pregnancy.
- Can you afford a baby? Take this online quiz and see how you fare. Then, glance through our step-by-step plan to help you handle baby-related expenses.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.