Best of the Web
04.01.11 Hits of the week
- New federal statistics show that the birth rate in the U.S. fell 4 percent from 2007 to 2009. Since 1980, the birth rate for women in their 30s has nearly doubled, Fit Pregnancy reported.
- Celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe shares the first public photo of her newborn son. We're sure he's going to be a stylish little dude. Check out our Tips From The Pros page for the dish on how Hollywood moms do it all, including getting their prepregnancy bodies back.
- Make sure you take advantage of all the kid-related deductions and credits available this tax season. Remember, breast pumps and other nursing supplies are now deductible.
- If you're a knitter, check out this pattern for a cute baby sweater. A Fit Pregnancy writer talks about how soothing the habit of knitting became for her when she was expecting.
- This video of twin 17-month-old boys having a "conversation" quickly became a YouTube sensation this week. On our Pregnant With Twins page, real-life moms share their stories about expecting two little ones.
- Actress Alyssa Milano is sticking to her yoga routine during her pregnancy. Yoga is a great way for moms-to-be to stay physically healthy and emotionally grounded.
- Your diet as a breastfeeding mom is also important because it affects your baby, especially if you're a vegan. Check out our Nine Meatless Months page for tips and recipes to help you have a healthy pregnancy and beyond.
- Singer Mariah Carey shares a photo on Twitter of her decorated baby bump. Her twins are due any day now!
- Actress Emily Deschanel is expecting her first baby. See who else is expecting at the same time as she is (and you!) on our Celebrity Pregnancies page.
- On the flip side, a look at how surprising it is when celebrities like to keep things quiet when it comes to their pregnancies and the media. Browse through our Star Moms page to see who else has recently welcomed a new member of the family.
- A new dad shares the experience of his wife's Cesarean section from his point-of-view. Is your partner uncertain about his role as a birth partner? Follow our eight easy guidelines to ease his fears.
- A writer talks about a recent study that found taking acetaminophen during pregnancy puts your child at an increased risk of developing asthma. Our experts say to always check first with your OB-GYN before taking any over-the-counter medication during pregnancy.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.