Best of the Web
01.16.09 Hits of the week
- Technology is here to stay, so parents should take advantage: Seven cellphone tips to make life as a parent a bit easier. Plus, Crib Notes recently reported on some handy iPhone apps for tech-savvy moms and dads.
- The people over at BOB are holding a contest—the best baby bump wins a BOB stroller. Looking for some new products? Check out our Essential Gear Guide.
- Federal officials report that 1 in 200 children is a vegetarian. Remember, even if you don't eat meat, you can still have a successful vegetarian pregnancy.
- A French official returns to work five days after delivering via Cesarean section, causing a
media frenzy over her decision. After giving birth, C-section or not, new moms need to take care of themselves.
- A fellow magazine takes a long look at the long history of breastfeeding. As we've said for 15 years, breast is still best.
- On the flip side, a Connecticut mom was arrested on accusations of breastfeeding her baby after a night at a bar. Drinking alcohol during pregnancy is a sobering question that women need to ask themselves.
- Unstable economic times mean bye-bye baby for some people. We're sure all moms and dads (especially dads!) at some point ask themselves: How can we afford a baby?
- Cereal is so yummy! Too bad a new study debunks the idea that cereal consumption is linked to conceiving a boy. Oh well—but it's still delicious!
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor. She only enjoys one scoop of raisins in her cereal, not two.