Holiday Guide 2011
12.21.11 Pregnancy and new-mom tips to make this festive season even more special.
Being pregnant or a recent new mom during the holidays can be extra special or extra messy based on your mood and how you're feeling—not to mention the other people around you (hello, extended families!). In this busy time, it's more important than ever to take a step back during Christmas and think "stress less" as often as possible.
Our 2010 holiday guide will help you navigate these hectic, high-spirited days with ease as you watch your baby bump (or newborn) grow and wonder what next year will bring!
- Our Ask the Labor Nurse blogger reminds us that to see the uniqueness of the season, all we need is a little kindness, a little coziness and a little tradition.
- Enter to win Fit Pregnancy's Holiday Gift Guide Package, featuring $7,000 in prizes.
- Also, Fit Pregnancy is giving away prizes daily until Christmas!
- It's never too early to start a Christmas ornament collection for your children.
- For DIY lovers, try your hand at these adorable pine cone ornaments.
- Moms around the country share their touching stories about their baby's first holiday.
- The three words some dads regret hearing at Christmas: some assembly required.
- Martha Stewart shares her inspired tips for Hanukkah crafts and decorations.
OFF TO GRANDMA'S HOUSE
- Traveling with your baby for the holidays can be fun with our holiday trip advice. Remember to pack lots of patience and diapers!
- Check out this quick refresher on navigating your way through an airport with your baby in tow relatively hassle-free.
- And once you get there, what do you plan on getting Grandma? Take a peek at these 10 heartfelt gift ideas for the treasured Nana and Papa, Grandma and Grandpa (or whatever they prefer to be called!) in your life.
- For those of us who really can't live unplugged, browse through these tips for using technology to its full potential this season in a stress-free way.
EAT, DRINK AND BE MERRY (WHETHER YOU'RE PREGNANT OR NOT)!
- Enjoy one of our yummy mocktails, which offer some pregnancy-friendly nutrition and plenty of holiday fun.
- Try one of our healthy and delicious recipes to help you and your baby stay healthy this season. Plus, the dishes are ideal for taking to any holiday bash.
- Tipping can always be a little confusing, so this guide to holiday tipping can be a lifesaver.
ALL ABOUT MOM
- Turn heads in fiercely dazzling maternity looks for all of your holiday events.
- Still on the hunt for gifts? You're going to love these stylish gifts for new moms (and baby, too!).
- Our friends at Cool Mom Picks have compiled an extensive holiday gift guide with items for everyone on your list.
- One mom talks about the angst of gift-giving as family continues to grow.
- Add some holiday sparkle to your party look with a little beauty know-how from our experts.
- Stationery always makes a nice practical but very personal gift for the moms in your life.
- Momma's Gone City went all out when putting together her baby shower gift guide. The list of her favorite baby and mother must-haves is a perfect resource if you're looking for holiday gift ideas.
ALL ABOUT THE LITTLE ONE
- Your baby will enjoy these colorful playthings that feature basic shades and shapes long after the holidays are over.
- To keep it simpler, babies will also get a kick out of these books and CDs.
- Take a peek through our editors' roundup of top feel-good toys for your baby's first holiday.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.