Trying to get pregnant? Make sure you know the bottom line on baby-making—what you don't understand can affect your bub-to-be's health.
Read more »
Each snack contains approximately 150 calories. Add two per day to the meal plan during your second and third trimesters.
• 1/4 cup mixed nuts
• 1/4 cup chocolate-covered soynuts
• 1/2 cinnamon raisin bagel with 1 tablespoon peanut butter-honey blend
• 1/2 whole-wheat English muffin topped with 1 ounce mozzarella cheese, toasted and melted
• 8 ounces low-fat chocolate milk
• 8 ounces low-fat smoothie drink
• 16-ounce decaf cafe latte made with reduced-fat (1%) milk
• 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
• 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla ice cream topped with 1 tablespoon dried cherries and 1 tablespoon low-fat granola
• 20 BBQ-flavored soy chips
• 1 cup canned black bean soup with 1 teaspoon sour cream
• 1 cup red bell pepper strips with 3 tablespoons roasted red pepper hummus spread
• 1 cup steamed edamame (soybeans in the pod) with 1 cup spicy vegetable juice