With summer here, it's baby shower time. Showers can be a fun opportunity to honor the impending arrival of a new little one, but they can also be stressful.
When you think of a baby shower, you expect to see a group of excited women dishing out presents while huddled around the proud mom-to-be. But it doesn't have to be! Whatever the mom-to-be wants, that's what the mom-to-be gets—whether it's a simple tea party for six or a blowout bash that includes everyone she knows.
We've compiled some tips and ideas for planning a fun, memorable and, most-importantly, stress-free event for any mom-to-be.
- First things first: The guest of honor should register for baby items. This will help guests know what you need or don't need when it's time for gift-giving. Our baby gear lists for minimalists and shopaholics alike will help cut through the clutter.
- If you're the mom-to-be and don't have a clue of what to look for when it comes to baby gear, start with our 2010 Buyer's Guide—more than 100 of the best parent- and tot-tested products.
- Party like a star! See our secrets to getting a celebrity-like baby shower. (The secret: Don't be subtle!)
- Opt for an eco-friendly baby shower. Check out our ideas for how your shower can be a gift to the environment.
- From themes to gifts to food ideas, Martha Stewart shares her tips on how to throw a fabulous baby shower.
- Tie the whole shower together with adorable matching stationery—from invitations to place cards.
- For creative and crafty party hosts: How to make fortune cookie favors for a baby shower.
- Take a peek at these summery ideas for an outdoor baby shower garden party.
- A party expert to the stars offers her ins-and-outs to hosting a successful baby shower.
- Check out these tips on how to throw a surprise baby shower!
- If mom-to-be is more of a traditional gal, take a look at these classic baby shower elements to consider.
- Dads-to-be want to be involved, too! Unleash your imagination when celebrating the big day and men are invited.
- If you're anti-game, check out these brilliant baby shower details to wow your guests—from a blessings board to putting together a daddy kit.
- When it's an all-out family affair, try these kid-friendly versions of traditional shower activities to keep your party going.
- Looking for a little food inspiration? Search our Fit Pregnancy recipe database for nutritious and delicious recipes that will satisfy all of your guests' appetites.
- From Smoked Salmon Toasts to Mini Triple-Decker Pastrami Reuben Sandwiches, these recipes with a country feel will be the hit of your baby shower.
- Celebrate the mom-to-be with these yummy food ideas from Martha Stewart.
- No party is complete without some drinks! Or for this occasion, some of our festive and refreshing mom-to-be "mocktails"!
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor