- It's been all about swine flu this week. If you are expecting and concerned about the outbreak, read the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's advice for moms-to-be. If you're looking for a more overall take on the situation, check out the CDC's up-to-the-minute updates on the H1N1 flu. Also, a Q&A on what the pandemic means for you and me; and our Ask the Labor Nurse blogger's advice on fighting the flu when you're pregnant.
- In other news, check out one website's list for the best tech toys for new moms. As Crib Notes has reported in the past, gadgets make a mom's job a little bit easier (and dad's, too!).
- If you're a fan of the show, you'll enjoy this tidbit: The popular TLC show A Baby Story: First Time Parents will be released on DVD this Tuesday. Unlike other reality shows, A Baby Story doesn't exaggerate for dramatic effect so it's a nice way to unplug.
- Forget muumuus! Pregnant women can still have style, no matter how far along. Check out our fashion section for more tips and remember: Don't be afraid to express yourself, moms-to-be!
- In case you are curious, here's some numbers on nursing and how breastfeeding boosts the national economy. If you're planning on nursing, read our Ultimate Guide to Breastfeeding for everything you need to know.
- Oh boy! Consumer Reports magazine inadvertently jumped into the ongoing debate about attachment parenting. Its article on baby products to avoid caused quite an online buzz. Attachment parenting may sound too old school for some people, but it's one of the most widely practiced styles of child-rearing.
- Diaper rash—you're going to have to deal with it at some point, so here are some tips on natural remedies. Plus, take a glance at our suggestions on how to keep your baby's bum healthy with a few simple measures.
- Have you ever wondered what your future children will look like? Now you can peek into the future with BabyMaker software. All you need is photos of you and your partner—a few computer clicks later, you can see the results!
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.