In the wake of the devastating earthquake in Haiti last week, many people are searching for ways to help in any way they can—and baby companies are no different. So if you're looking to buy a particular item, take a minute to browse through these websites and help quake victims at the same time.
The following is a list of baby- and children-related companies that are donating proceeds of their sales to help Haitian children in need:
- SkipHop donated 500 cans of baby formula to Partners in Health to assist with relief efforts under way in Haiti. It's also giving 5 percent of its online sales to purchase more formula and infant supplies.
- The March of Dimes has made a $100,000 grant to UNICEF to help pregnant women, mothers and babies in Haiti who are struggling in the aftermath. If you want to donate immediately, text the word BABY to 20222 and your cellphone will be charged $5.00 for a donation to the March of Dimes.
- And of course, the American Red Cross is taking donations on its website and via text message.
- For other ways to donate to Haiti relief, go to the White House website for a list of contribution options.
- Also, our Ask the Labor Nurse blogger shares her experience with the organization CARE and its work in Haiti. Text the word CARE to 25383 to donate $10 to its Haiti relief efforts.
Check back as we update with additional companies.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.