Mother's Day is this Sunday—are you ready? Whether it's you being celebrated or you're doing the celebrating of a special woman in your life, this Sunday is a special day of thanks and memories.
We've rounded up a few links for inspiration as you take a moment for yourself, other mothers and moms-to-be for all that you and they do, all year-round and throughout our lives.
WORDS OF WISDOM
- Celebrities are moms, too! These star moms share their words on motherhood.
- Talk about gratitude: Last year (just in time for Mother's Day), Crib Notes reported on a study that added up the many jobs of a mother's day for a year's total salary.
- Have you ever wondered: How did Mother's Day get started?
- From favorite mom moments to interviews with famous moms, browse through Oprah's Celebrate Mom online section for inspiring insights.
- A touching essay from a daughter—remembering her mother on the holiday she hated.
- The inside story on the world's richest moms.
- And a guide for dads (and dads-to-be): In so many words, don't blow it on Mother's Day. Plus, our own Ask the Labor Nurse blogger offers some basic dad rules for doing Mother's Day right.
- Don't forget to our Celebrate Mom section for essential articles, tools and apps to help make a new mom's life easier.
- How about taking in a movie? Everybody loves BABIES ... the movie! Check out our interview with the new film's director.
- If you're looking for a gift that gives back, KitchenAid will donate up to $50 from each sale of its Cook for the Cure pink kitchen essentials and gadgets.
- Moms who love gadgets will get a kick out of this gift list of the latest high-tech electronics.
- Green Girl (natural homemade soap and body products) is having a Mother's Day sale! Get 20 percent off using the discount code "FORMOM."
- For more green gift ideas, check out this guide of eco-friendly presents for moms.
- Say it with words! The hunt for the perfect Mother's Day card can end with these beautiful cards.
- If books are your favorite gift (or gift to give), browse through these five books only a mom could love.
- For the artists in our lives: These artists made portraits of their mothers. Break out your sketching skills and make one of your own mom.
- Another do-it-yourself idea: How to make a French hand-tied flower bouquet.
- Or how about just sharing your best mom memory. Bet you that would make anyone smile!
- If you're looking for a way to celebrate your mom in a big, splashy, warm and globally humanitarian way, log on to CARE's Top 10 Ways to Honor Your Mother. By helping CARE, you're honoring mothers all over the world and making a big difference in helping them survive motherhood.
- And last but not least, some video cuteness to make you smile: Two brothers try to get it together for one photo for mom on her special day; a 3-year-old girl raps about Mother's Day; and step-by-step instructions on how to make breakfast in bed for your mom.