With summer in full swing, it's the perfect time to check out some fun products and safety tips that will make your trip to the pool or beach safe and exciting during your pregnancy, or for you and your new baby.
- Pregnant this summer? Whether it's classic black or a bohemian look, you can still rock a bikini with your baby bump.
- Are you getting out of town this summer? Take a look at these 10 great tips for traveling with children before you hit the road or fly the friendly skies. Plus, our suggestions for keeping your baby (or your preggo self) safe on vacation.
- Dress to impress at your next summer outing! Look stylish and keep cool with this entire week of maternity styles, each piece less than $60.
- If your family has children of all ages, read these eight ways to make summer vacation trips fun for everybody.
- Consumer Reports has a list of new kits and toys to engage children during lazy summer days.
- Reading can be one of the most essential things for older kids when school's out. Check out these tips on how to get your children to open a book this summer.
- Wherever you live, browse through your local newspaper (or its website) for affordable and fun things to do with your children. For example, scroll through this list of inexpensive goings-on for little ones in New York City.
- Being pregnant is no reason to miss out on outdoor activities, but you need to take extra precautions to protect yourself as a mom-to-be.
- Before heading outdoors, check out this list of the 21 best natural sunscreens.
- Accidents do happen. Our experts recommend including these items in your travel medical kit when traveling with an infant—just in case!
- If heading out for some water fun, check out this line of UV-protective swimwear for boys and girls. All items, from hats to shorts and shirts to shoes, have a UPF 50+ rating of sun protection.
- And don't forget: Health experts are now urging parents to consider swimming lessons for most children ages 1 to 4. It's never too early to learn water safety!
- While out on the road, don't ever leave your child locked in a car.
- One wonderful aspect of summer is all the yummy food. But as a mom-to-be, remember to limit the seafood that you eat. (For those of you on the East Coast, that means cutting back on those lobster rolls!)
- Watermelon is more than just a summer favorite—it also offers important pregnancy benefits. Check out the bonuses of watermelon and some yummy recipes to get you started!
- Try one of our refreshing recipes in our Some Like it Cold article to curb nausea and beat the heat this summer.
- When you can't stand the idea of turning on the stove or oven these next couple of months, take a stab at one of our nutrient-rich, no-cook meals.
- Tuck this recipe away for when fall starts creeping around the corner: our I-Miss-Summer Fruit Salad.