Muffin Tin Potato-Chip Frittatas
milk (any fat content)
salt and pepper
leek, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
onion, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
carrot, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
shredded cheese (such as cheddar or - our favorite - smoked provolone)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper; set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the leek and onion with a pinch of salt. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the carrot; cook for 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
5. Grease a 6-cup muffin tin. Divide the cheese among the cups, then the vegetables.
6. Pour in the egg mixture until each cup is three-quarters full. Add a few potato chips to each.
7. Bake until cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.
- Excerpted from Time for Dinner: Strategies, Inspiration, and Recipes for Family Meals Every Night of the Week, Pilar Guzman, Jenny Rosenstrach and Alanna Stang, Chronicle Books (July, 2010)