Salmon and Portobello Mushroom Frittata
sliced baby portobello mushrooms
thinly sliced shallots
Salt and pepper to taste
boneless, skinless pink salmon (pouch-pack)**
finely chopped fresh dill weed
shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven broiler. Add oil to large skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
2. Beat eggs, milk and salt and pepper to taste with wire whisk until well blended; set aside.
3. Add mushrooms and shallots to skillet and cook until slightly soft, about 2 minutes. (Vegan option: Omit salmon and increase mushrooms to 2 cups and 3/4 cup cheese.)
4. Add salmon and dill weed to egg mixture and stir well; pour over cooked vegetables and stir well. Lower to medium heat and cover skillet. Cook until eggs are almost set, about 5 minutes. (Eggs will be runny on top.)
5. Remove from heat and broil 6 inches from heat for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until eggs are completely set. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let frittata stand for 2 minutes. Cut into 4 wedges.