Mommy's Little Helper (Green Tea Punch)
loose green tea leaves (not powdered tea)
Large handful fresh mint, plus sprigs for garnish
ripe peach, halved and pitted
light agave nectar (or to taste)
1. Squeeze the lime half into a small bowl, reserving the squeezed-out rind. In a large heatproof bowl, combine the tea, mint and squeezed lime half (reserving the juice separately). Pour the boiling water over the tea and let steep for 6 minutes.
2. Strain the tea into another large bowl, pushing on the solids with a spoon before discarding them. In a blender or food processor, puree half the peach with about 1/2 cup of the strained tea mixture and 2 teaspoons of the reserved lime juice. Strain this mixture into the tea mixture. Stir in the agave.
3. Add 1 1/2 cups (1 standard tray) ice cubes to the tea mixture. Slice the second half of the peach into 6 wedges. Serve the tea over more ice, garnishing each glass with a peach slice and a mint sprig.
- If desired, the punch can be spiked with rum.
- To make tea punch pops, increase the agave to 1 cup and freeze in popsicle molds.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.