Fast Fix: Sweet Potato Fries
sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/4-inch thick fries
seasoning salt, such as Lawry's
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees using a pizza stone on the bottom rack if you have one (mine, made of 4 unglazed quarry tiles, lives in our oven - from fruit pies to roast veggies to pizza, I rarely see a need to take it out).
2. Mound the sweet potato on a rimmed 11-by-17 baking sheet and drizzle with the oil and seasoning. Toss well with your hands, then spread in a single layer on the baking sheet.
3. Bake on a pizza stone or right on the bottom of the oven, tossing well and spreading out again halfway through, until the fries are well browned in places and tender not mushy, 15 to 20 minutes total. Serve hot.
- Make a double batch of fries on two baking sheets, switching the position of the pans halfway through. Cool one pan thoroughly, then freeze on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before transferring to a freezer bag (so the fries don't freeze into one big clump). To Reheat: Spread frozen fries on a baking sheet and reheat at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.