Asian Style Omelet
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
1⁄2 cup baby bok choy, washed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
1⁄2 cup mushrooms (any variety), wiped clean and sliced
1 teaspoon sesame or other cooking oil
2 ounces canned cooked baby shrimp
1. In a small pan, sauté bok choy and mushrooms in 1 to 2 teaspoons of oil for 2 to 4 minutes.
2. In a bowl, beat the eggs with a fork.
3. Preheat an 8-inch nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Coat with a few spritzes of cooking spray.
4. Add egg mixture and swirl around until pan is evenly coated.
5. When eggs begin to set slightly, run spatula under cooked egg and tip pan to allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath. Keep doing this all the way around until center is set, about 2 minutes.
6. Top half of the eggs with mushroom mixture and shrimp, then fold in half using the spatula. Cover and cook over low heat until omelet fluffs up, 30 to 40 seconds. Carefully slide omelet onto plate.
Nutritional information per serving
Per serving: 256 calories, 26 g protein, 3 g carbohydrate, 15.5 g fat (3.5 g saturated fat), 181 mg calcium, 3.6 mg iron, 88 mcg folate, 1 g fiber