Farmers Market Grand Aioli With Tarragon Dipping Sauce
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
For the tarragon dipping sauce:
1 ⁄4 cup mayonnaise
1 ⁄2 cup full-fat yogurt
1 cup tarragon leaves, rinsed and patted dry (discard any tough stems)
1 ⁄4 cup lemon juice
Grated rind of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
For the grand aioli:
1 ⁄2 onion, coarsely chopped
1 celery rib, coarsely chopped
1 lemon, sliced
2 bay leaves
2 garlic cloves, smashed
10 whole peppercorns
4 3-ounce salmon filets
3 ⁄4 pound baby potatoes
1 ⁄2 pound baby broccoli, lower ends trimmed
1 ⁄2 pound baby carrots
1 pound thin asparagus, lower ends trimmed
1 ⁄2 pound baby summer squash
1. To make the tarragon sauce, place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use (up to 3 days).
2. For the aioli, put onion, celery, lemon, bay leaves, garlic cloves and peppercorns in a medium-sized pot. add water until pot is three-quarters full. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook uncovered 3 to 4 minutes.
3. reduce heat to a simmer and gently submerge salmon filets into hot liquid. Cover pan and cook for 7 minutes. remove cooked salmon and set aside. Discard any liquid.
4. In a medium pot, place potatoes and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 to 12 minutes until tender. Drain potatoes and set aside.
5. Fill large pot with 2 inches of water, place steamer basket inside and bring water to boil. reduce heat to medium-high and carefully arrange broccoli, carrots, asparagus and squash in steamer basket. Cover and cook 4 to 7 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Drain vegetables and arrange on a large platter with the salmon and cooked potatoes. Serve warm or at room temperature with tarragon sauce.
Nutritional information per serving
Per serving: 410 calories, 30 g protein, 35 g carbohydrate, 18.5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 174 mg calcium, 5.3 mg iron, 179 mcg folate, 7 g fiber