Pasta with Ricotta, Peas and Asparagus for Babies and Grown-Ups
Serves Serves 2 plus a baby
Type of Dish
- 1 small bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 8 ounces wheat or rice fusilli
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) fresh whole-milk ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Sliced fresh mint (optional)
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the asparagus. Cook until crisp-tender, 4-6 minutes. Use tongs to transfer all but 1 stalk of asparagus to a plate. Cook the last stalk until very soft, about 3 minutes longer; transfer to a plate.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water, adding the peas for the last 3 minutes. Drain.
- While the pasta cooks, chop the asparagus for the grown-ups and mince or puree the soft-cooked stalk for baby.
- For baby, serve pasta mixed with ricotta, minced or pureed asparagus and mashed or pureed peas. (For younger babies puree the veggies, pasta and ricotta together.)
- For grown-ups, serve the pasta tossed with asparagus and peas. Top with a large spoonful of ricotta; garnish with mint if using and season with salt and pepper. Pass parmesan at the table.