Bye-bye, boring eggs
- Vegetable oil
- 8 fresh corn tortillas
- 1 cup refried beans, warmed
- 4 - 8 eggs
- Salsa verde (from a jar)
- Crema (Mexican sour cream) or regular sour cream thinned with a bit of milk, optional
- Crumbled queso cotija or grated parmesan cheese
- Diced white onion, sliced avocado and chopped cilantro, for serving
1. In a large pan or griddle, warm a bit of oil. Warm the tortillas on both sides and lay 2 tortillas overlapping on each of 4 plates.
2. Spread refried beans on the tortillas. Fry the eggs over-easy in the pan.
3. Lay the eggs over the beans, and spoon plenty of salsa verde over the eggs. Drizzle with crema and sprinkle with cheese, then garnish with onion and cilantro and serve avocado on the side. Serve hot.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.