Speedy Marinara Sauce
A staple to spread on pizza crust, toss with ravioli, simmer meatballs in or use as a base for more involved sauces or baked pastas.
- 2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano leaves
- Pinch crushed red chili
- 1 28 ounce can plum tomatoes, crushed or pulsed in a blender
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1. In a heavy saucepan, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, oregano and chili and cook until fragrant, 45 seconds. Add the tomatoes and salt and bring to a simmer.
2. Simmer the sauce, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.