The Flexible Salad
These are quantities for one adult and one toddler. Vary to suit your family.
- 8 ounces steamed green beans
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1 leftover cooked chicken breast (or substitute sliced hard-cooked eggs, leftover steak or cold cuts), optional
- 1 ounce crumbled fresh goat cheese (or substitute shredded hard cheese), optional
- Other possibilities: baby spinach or arugula for adults, sliced cucumbers, steamed sugar snaps
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons your favorite vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grainy or Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Compose personalized salads on each plate. Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and drizzle a little vinaigrette on salad as desired. Serve immediately.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.