The OBGYN made famous by the TV series The Doctors came on Fit Pregnancy and Baby’s Facebook page to broadcast a live video with two recipes that are perfect for quelling those early pregnancy waves of nausea: a mommy mix snack and a ginger peach Soothe-Me Smoothie. Here’s how to make them...
½ cup banana chips
½ cup candied ginger
¼ cup pretzels nibs
6 mini ginger snaps
¼ cup dry roasted almonds
½ cup dried cherries
1. Add banana chips, candied ginger, pretzel nibs, dried cherries, mini ginger snaps, and dry-roasted almonds into a medium-sized bowl.
2. Stir the mixture with a wooden spoon, allowing the ingredients to incorporate and mix together.
3. Place mixture into a plastic baggie, and enjoy your Mommy Mix, on the go!
Ginger Peach Soothe Me Smoothie
¼ cup cashews, soaked 2 to 4 hours in a cup of water
1 – 14oz bag sliced frozen peaches (You can find this at your local grocery store, in the frozen food section.)
1.5 cup plain almond milk (plus some to taste)
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
¼ cup agave
1.5 tsp. peeled and grated ginger
1. Drain the soaked cashews and rinse them off.
2. Add the cashews to your blender with your frozen peaches, almond milk, vanilla, ginger, and agave.
3. Blend and enjoy.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can adjust the ingredients to your liking. For thicker smoothies, add less almond milk. For thinner, more drinkable smoothies, add more almond milk. You can also adjust the level of sweetness with the honey, and level of spice with the ginger! Play around and have some fun.