Pregnancy is one wild ride. And it's even more fun in these GIFs you'll want to share with your preg friends.
Of all the milestones you have as a woman, the different stages of pregnancy are among some of the most special and memorable. They're also some of the most interesting, difficult and intense—not only are your emotions and body changing every day, but you're preparing for your entire life to transform. You go from being a woman to someone's mother, and thanks to some (really fun) hormones, it can be quite the ride along the way.
If you're expecting or already a mom, you'll relate to all of these stages of pregnancy—from hearing the heartbeat to feeling your first contraction. Here's what being pregnant is like, in GIFs.
1. The moment when you see the positive pregnancy test and you're like...
2. That ridiculously special moment when you get to tell your hubby that he's about to be a dad:
3. When you see that itty, bitty, tiny spec that's somehow growing inside of your uterus and you're like...
4. When you have morning (or let's be real, all. day. long) sickness:
5. That first time when your baby is in the mood for something and you'll legit eat everything you can:
6. When you hear the heartbeat for the first time and you've never heard something so beautiful:
7. The stage when you don't look pregnant, you just look like you put on some weight:
8. When you tell your friends and family and everyone is like:
9. When it's finally safe to update your Facebook status with the news:
10. When you have to finally give in and actually buy maternity clothes because nothing is working anymore:
11. When people start giving you unsolicited advice and telling you stories that are very, very TMI:
12. When your boobs get kind of outta control (and you're kind of amazed):
13. When you find out the sex of your baby:
14. When you try to figure out if the baby is kicking or if you have gas:
15. When you're in the second trimester and suddenly incredibly turned on by your husband:
16. ...and then the next day you're like:
17. When you start talking about names and you're bewildered by what your husband thinks is a good name:
18. ...but then finally finding—and agreeing on—the perfect one.
19. When you try to find your feet past your stomach and you're like:
20. When you're so uncomfortable you can't move, sleep, do anything:
21. When you have the realization that OMG you're going to have a living, breathing baby soon:
22. When you have that first contraction that's not Braxton Hicks:
23. On your delivery day:
24. And finally, when you see your baby for the first time.