Make these changes to better your chances of improving your ovulatory function.
According to the Harvard study of diet and fertility, the more of the following changes you make, the better your chances of improving your ovulatory function:
- Eat more complex ("slow") carbs and limit highly processed ones.
- Avoid all trans fats and eat more healthy unsaturated fats.
- Get more protein from plants foods like beans and less from red meat.
- Consume one or two servings a day of whole milk or other full-fat dairy foods, such as yogurt, and less non- and low-fat dairy.
- Take a daily multivitamin that contains at least 400 micrograms of folic acid and 40 to 80 milligrams of iron.
- Drink coffee, tea and alcohol in moderation, and avoid sugary drinks entirely.
- Keep your weight in the "fertility zone:" a BMI of 18.5 to 24.
- Exercise 30 to 60 minutes daily for weight management.
Click! For more articles on maximizing fertility, go to fitpregnancy.com/gettingpregnant.