- 2 ounces (about 3 inches) fresh ginger root, peeled
- 8 teaspoons agave syrup or to taste
- 4 fresh mint leaves, for serving
- 1 quart seltzer
1. Use an electric juicer to juice the ginger or puree it finely in the small bowl of a food processor along with 2 tablespoons water (alternatively, finely grate the ginger into a bowl and mix it with the water). Place the ginger puree in a piece of cheesecloth and squeeze out the juice into a small bowl (you'll have 1/4 cup).
2. For each drink, combine 2 to 3 teaspoons ginger juice and 1 to 2 teaspoons agave syrup to taste. Twist a mint sprig to release its fragrance and add it to the glass. Top with 8 ounces of seltzer and serve on ice.
- Find more healthy and kid-friendly recipes on the Mom Appetit blog.