Amy's Chickpea & Spinach Saute
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 lemon, zested, cut in half
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1. Place chickpeas and olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season with cumin, salt, pepper and garlic, then saute chickpeas until browned, about 10 minutes. Add spinach, squeeze juice from half the lemon over mixture and toss until spinach is just wilted.
2. Combine tomato, parsley and lemon zest in a bowl. Squeeze juice from remaining lemon half over mixture and stir well. Divide spinach and chickpea mixture into 2 bowls and garnish with tomato-parsley mix.
3. Optional side dish suggestion: Serve with a small green salad and roasted Portobello mushrooms drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.