Apple-Banana-Peach Baby Food
The potassium-rich banana provides a creamy base for myriad recipes, including this puree that Cooking Channel star Kelsey Nixon began whipping up for her son, Oliver (now 2 years old), when he started solids. For this recipe, Nixon says to "use a Honeycrisp or Red Delicious apple to add just the right amount of sweetness to this mash-up." (Ages 6 months and up)
- 1 apple, cored and peeled
- 1 peach, pitted and peeled
- 1 medium banana
1. Roughly chop the apple and peach.
2. Transfer to a small pot and fill with water to cover fruit (about 1/4 cup). Simmer until fruit is easily mashed with a fork.
3. Add banana to mixture and continue to mash until fully combined. Puree further in a blender if a smoother consistency is desired.
4. Spoon-feed to baby.
- Leftovers will stay fresh in an airtight container for 1 day in the fridge or up to 2 weeks in the freezer.