Applesauce with Cinnamon Purée
Applesauce is the baby food standard. Inexpensive, healthy, sweet and complementary to so many other fruits and vegetables, apples should be one of the stars in your babies diet. I add a touch of cinnamon just to give it a little zip, but you could easily leave it out.
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Place apples in a steamer pot over boiling water.
2. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until fork tender.
3. Place apples and cinnamon in a food processor and puree until smooth.
4. Cool and serve.
- Recipe by Catherine McCord courtesy of weelicious.com