Asado: Argentinean Grilled Steak with Salsa Criolla
Iron, protein, and vitamins A and C, make this steak the perfect prenatal dinner. Pair it with a folate and calcium-rich spinach salad for the ultimate pregnancy power meal. Bonus: It's so delicious you won't even miss your usual glass of Malbec.
- 2 medium tomatoes (about 1/2 lb) cored, seeded and finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 skirt steak (about 1 lb), cut into 4 equal pieces
- GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, to taste
1. In small bowl, mix together tomatoes, onions, parsley, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, Adobo and pepper flakes; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 48 hours.
2. Heat grill to medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak on both sides with Adobo. Cook, flipping once, until steak is well browned on both sides and cooked to desired temperature (about 6 minutes for medium-rare). Let rest for 5 minutes.
3. Divide steaks evenly among serving plates. Top with reserved Salsa Criolla.
- Recipe courtesy of Goya.