Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Finally, a dessert that's just as good for your body as it is your taste buds. This decadent-tasting mousse gets its rich, creamy texture from avocado, which delivers potassium to fend off pregnancy leg cramps. It's also loaded with folate, an important nutrient for your baby's neural development. Look for avocados that aren't too hard or soft, and garnish your mousse with fresh fruit or coconut flakes.
- 2 large avocados, flesh scooped out
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or chocolate extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder or cayenne powder (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt
1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender container and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
2. Serve immediately or the mousse can be placed in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To serve, place the mixture in bowls and garnish as desired.