Avocado - Lima Bean Spread
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- Fresh juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- Pinch ground cumin
- Pinch salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- Warm whole wheat flatbread or pita, for serving
1. Steam (or microwave) the lima beans according to package directions.
2. In a food processor, puree the lima beans with the lemon juice, garlic, cumin and salt, scraping down the side of the work bowl a few times, until smooth.
3. Add the avocado and yogurt; puree, scraping the bowl once, until smoothly combined. Thin by whirling in a little water if needed. Serve at once or press a sheet of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the spread before refrigerating for up to 8 hours.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.