Avocado With Cilantro and Lime
Excerpted from Around the World in 80 Purees: Easy Recipes for Global Baby Food by Leena Saini.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon washed and minced cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1. PREP: With a sharp knife, cut avocado in half. Press the knife blade into the pit until firmly in place and then twist gently. The pit should pop out. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
2. MAKE: In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mash together with a fork or wooden spoon.
3. SERVE: For babies younger than 9 months old, puree in a mini food processor until smooth. Leave chunkier for babies over 9 months old.