Baby Food Recipe: Blueberry Oats and Yogurt
The sweet-tart fruit is loaded with antioxidants, while yogurt provides probiotics. For babies ages 8 months and up
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup 100% apple juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh organic blueberries
- 2 tablespoons water, breast milk or formula
1. Using a food processor, finely grind the oats. Transfer to a bowl, then mix in the yogurt, apple juice and cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate muesli overnight.
2. In a food processor, blend blueberries with water, milk or formula until the puree reaches a smooth consistency.
3. Spoon some chilled muesli into a small bowl. Swirl the blueberry puree into the muesli and serve. Keep extra portions in the fridge for later in the week.