Back to School Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Scant 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dried fruit, chopped (such as raisins, figs and craisins)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugars. Beat in the eggs, followed by the vanilla and cinnamon.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda and salt. Stir in the dried fruit. Stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Stir in the oats, chips and nuts.
3. Drop level tablespoons of batter onto the baking sheets, leaving about an inch between each cookie. Bake, rotating the pans from the back to the front and top to bottom halfway through, until browned at the edges, about 12 minutes. Let cool slightly then transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.
4. Cookies can be kept in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.