Baked Cod With Papaya and Banana
Excerpted from Around the World in 80 Purees: Easy Recipes for Global Baby Food by Leena Saini.
- Butter for cooking fish
- 2 yellow bananas, ideally not too ripe
- 24 ounces cod fillets
- 5 thick slices fresh, ripe, peeled papaya
- Pinch salt, optional
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 lime, cut in half
1. PREP: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking dish with two layers of foil and rub a thin film of butter all over the foil. Peel bananas and cut in half lengthwise.
2. MAKE: Place cod in the middle of the plan and arrange sliced papaya and bananas closely around fish. Sprinkle fish with salt (if using) and pepper and then add a small pat of butter to the top of each fillet. Squeeze one or both halves of the lime over everything. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until fish is opaque and cooked through. Cod should be moist, but a bit firm, and flake easily with a fork. Remove from oven and let cool.
3. SERVE: Puree fruit and fish in a mini food processor. Serve warm.