- 1 small red cabbage, finely shredded (about 8 cups)
- 1/4 sweet white onion, quartered and very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 roasted red pepper (from a jar or a deli), finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeds and veins removed, minced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (plain or lite)
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
1. In a large salad bowl, toss the cabbage, onion, and vinegar with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours).
2. Add the remaining ingredients, toss until thoroughly combined, and season with additional salt to taste.