- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (larger berries should be chopped)
- 1/2 cup quick-cook old-fashioned oats (not packaged instant)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 whole-grain hamburger buns
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
1. In a large bowl, mix together blueberries, oats, garlic, vinegar, cumin, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Add ground beef and gently mix until everything is combined. You may need to press in some of the blueberries, being careful not to overwork the meat. Form into four patties, about 1 inch thick and 4 inches in diameter.
2. Set a frying pan on medium-high heat and lightly coat with nonstick spray. Cook patties for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 160 degrees F. Place on buns and top with tomato slices and spinach.