Blueberry Mini Muffins
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1/4 packed cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Large pinch salt
- 1/2 cup soy (or regular) milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen wild blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 400*F and coat 2 mini muffin tins with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a large measuring cup, whisk together the milk, oil, egg, maple syrup and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir until barely combined. Add the berries and stir to incorporate.
3. Spoon the batter into the greased muffin tins, filling them about 3/4 full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean, about 10 minutes. Immediately tip the muffins out onto a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.