Broccoli Raab With Garlic and Olives
- 1 pound broccoli raab
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 6 pitted, oil-cured black olives
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, thinly sliced (about 2 pieces)
- Salt and pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Trim 1/2 inch off the stems of the broccoli raab. Cook raab for 3 minutes, strain, then run under cold water until cool to reduce bitterness. Coarsely chop into bite-size pieces.
2. Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add garlic; stirring constantly, cook for 30 seconds, or just until it becomes fragrant but before it browns. Stir in raab and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; add olives and sun-dried tomatoes, then season with salt and pepper to taste.