Brown Sugar Cinnamon Swirl Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf cinnamon raisin swirl bread, cut into 14 slices
- 5 cups evaporated skim milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon rum-flavored extract (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly toast bread and cut into bite-size squares. Set aside.
2. Combine next 9 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl. Whisk to blend.
3. Place bread cubes in a 2-quart shallow casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Top cubes with half the milk mixture and gently toss to coat. Let sit 15 minutes.
4. Sprinkle raisins over bread cubes and pour remaining milk mixture into casserole. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes, or until center of pudding barely wobbles when gently shaken.