Bulgur Breakfast Bowl With Figs
- 3/4 cup coarse bulgur cereal
- 20 dried figs, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 cup 2 percent milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Over high heat, bring a saucepan filled with water to boil. Add bulgur and cook until tender, about 15-18 minutes. Meanwhile, soften figs by soaking in a small bowl filled with very hot water.
2. Drain cooked bulgur and return to pot over low heat. Drain figs, squeezing out excess water, and stir into cereal. Add milk and sugar and stir, cooking briefly until sugar melts. Divide mixture among four bowls. Top each bowl with 1 tablespoon walnuts. Serve immediately.