Burger King Onion Rings
- Olive oil spray
- 3 medium white onions
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly mist a large nonstick baking sheet with olive oil spray. Cut the onions into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Separate into rings. Select 15 rings that are as close as possible to 2 inches in diameter. Set aside. (If you like, refrigerate the remaining onion rings to use in another dish.)
2. Pour the egg substitute into a small shallow bowl. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs and salt. Shake to mix well.
3. Dip the onion rings one at a time into the egg substitute, being sure to coat completely. Allow any excess egg substitute to drip off. Place in the bread-crumb bag. Shake to coat completely. Dip onion rings a second time into the egg substitute and the bread crumbs. Continue until all the onion rings are placed, without touching, on the baking sheet. Lightly mist with the olive oil spray.
4. Bake for 8 minutes. Carefully flip the rings. Bake for 8-12 minutes longer, or until the breading is crisp.