For toddlers, we melt cheese on a tortilla so that the rice and beans will stick!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup minced white onion
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 cups cooked brown or white rice, heated
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped cherry tomatoes and bell peppers
- Flour tortillas
- 2 cups prepared black beans (such as Pantry Black Beans and Rice), heated
- Hot sauce, for serving
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the oil. Add half the onions and saute until beginning to brown. Add the corn and a pinch of salt and saute until the corn is heated through. Fold in the rice.
2. In a small bowl, toss the remaining onions with the lime, jalapeno and a pinch of salt. Just before serving, fold in the cilantro.
3. Set out the remaining items and invite everyone to assemble their own burrito.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.