Butternut Squash, Apple & Sweet Potato Purée
Want to make homemade baby food for your little one, but don't know where to start? Inspire your babies palate with a bounty of fruits and vegetables with this puree. Watch a step-by-step video of Catherine McCord making this recipe on weelicious.com.
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place the first four ingredients in a bowl and toss to coat the vegetables.
3. Pour the vegetables on to a foil lined sheet tray and roast for 45 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until tender and golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
4. Place the vegetables in a food processor along with the pumpkin pie spice and puree until smooth.*
- * At this point the puree can be placed in freezer cubes and frozen for up to 3 months.
- Recipe by Catherine McCord courtesy of weelicious.com