Carl's Jr. Six-Dollar Burger
- Olive oil spray (optional)
- 6 ounces 96% lean ground beef (about 3/4 cup)
- Garlic salt
- 1 restaurant-style sesame seed bun (about 4 1/2 inches)
- 1 slice (1/2 ounce) 2% milk yellow American cheese
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise, divided
- 3 rounds crinkle-cut pickle
- 2 large leaves iceberg lettuce
- 2 slices tomato (1/4-inch thick)
- 5 very thinly sliced red onion rings
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard
1. Preheat the grill or a nonstick stove-top grill pan. Lightly mist the grill rack or pan with olive oil spray, if needed.
2. On a sheet of waxed paper, shape the beef into a 5 1/2-inch patty. Season both sides with garlic salt to taste. Place the patty on the grill rack or pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes per side, or until the meat is no longer pink.
3. Meanwhile, place the bun top and bottom, cut-sides down, on the grill rack or pan. Cook for about 1 minute, or until toasted. Place the cheese on the patty.
4. Place the bun bottom on a plate. Spread with 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise. Top with the pickle, lettuce, tomato, onion and patty. Spread the remaining 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise on the toasted side of the bun top. Spread on the ketchup and mustard. Flip bun top onto the burger.