Cauliflower With Diced Ham & Spaghetti
- Reserved 3 cups cauliflower-ham mixture (http://www.fitpregnancy.com/nutrition/recipe/cauliflower-diced-ham)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 6 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Boursin (or Allouette) cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons grated Romano cheese
- Side dish suggestion: Green salad tossed with vinaigrette.
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes. Stir in reserved cauliflower-ham mixture and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook according to package directions until al dente. Saving 1/3 cup of cooking water, drain spaghetti and return to pot. Add hot cauliflower-ham mixture, cheese, basil and reserved 1/3 cup cooking water. Stir spaghetti to mix with ingredients; season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon spaghetti into two bowls and top with grated Romano cheese.