Chicken Salad with Apple and Pomegranate
A meaty chicken salad sandwich on 9-grain bread is a serious challenge to the 3pm blahs.
Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Start to Finish 10 mins
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 small crisp apple, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 - 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, (or substitute lowfat plain yogurt for up to 1 tablespoon of mayo)
- 1/4 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 - 2 teaspoons cider vinegar, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, toss all the ingredients together until well combined. Serve over tender salad greens or on toasted multi-grain bread.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.